What to know before buying TV, basic things to know about TVs
This site explains in detail about the basic specifications and features of the latest TVs available. You must know about these basics of a TV before buying a TV.
There are many pages with basic information about TVs, like what are the most important TV specs to consider when buying a new TV and also about the most useful TV features to have. We also have dedicated pages about all the top TV brands available now, which makes it easy for you to compare TV Brands and decide on what is a good TV brand to buy.
Important things to know before buying a new TV, like comparison of different types of TVs like LED, Plasma, 4K UHD, HDTV, etc. and what are the basic specifications needed for a good TV are explained in simple understandable language. There are also pages on what is the ideal size of a TV to buy and how big the TV should be for the size of room, etc.
What is the best kind of TV to buy now
One of the most common questions asked is "What is the best kind of TV to buy now Plasma LED or OLED". There are two sides to the question of which type of TV is the best, one is the picture quality and the other is the reliability of TV, like how long will the TV last and if there are any inherent problems like screen burn-in. TV image quality depends on many factors like Resolution, Contrast ratio, scanning rates, etc. which are explained in detail in several of our pages.
How to research buying a TV
Before deciding on what is the best new TV to buy, an understanding of TV Specs is necessary. Our site will answer all your questions about TVs, important TV features and TV specs are explained in detail. Selecting the best kind of new TV: LED, LCD, Plasma or OLED and the best type of new TV: HDTV or Ultra 4k UHD TV depends on the TV features important for you. Our site makes it easier for you to decide which flat screen TV to buy.
Tips to buy a new TV
The first step to buy a new TV is to first do an online search about the different TVs available and their price range on leading online retailers like Amazon. Then select a few TV model numbers and search for those model numbers on the internet and you will get many opinions on the TV model, especially on some good TV review forums. Only after you have done your research of TVs online, go out shopping for a TV.
Many people do not do online research about TV before they go out to the showrooms to buy a TV. Instead they ask the salesmen in the shops about their opinion of which TV is best. This is not the way to go. Most salesman will look for their own benefit in terms of their commissions. They get higher commissions on some TV models which are hard to sell, and of-course they will use their skills to convince you that this hard to sell TV is the best TV. One of the usual tricks of TV sales persons is to show high quality video on the TVs they get maximum commission and showing not so good quality recorded video on the really good TVs he gets least commission. Another trick they play is to make bad settings to the calibration on the good TVs to show bad quality pictures to trick you into not buying the good TV on which he gets least commission. So do not fall for this, do your research by googling about TVs and by asking your knowledgeable friends.
We do not promote any brand, our aim is to give you unbiased info and serve as a guide to buy a good new TV. Once you go through our pages you will be able to compare the different types of new TVs and will have no problems in deciding on what is the best kind of new TV for you: LED, LCD, Plasma, OLED, HD TV or Ultra HDTV.
Checklist for buying a new TV
Our page on TV specifications has a checklist of all the specifications of a TV which you should examine before buying a new TV. Please study about TV specifications before actually starting your selection of a new TV. Then make a checklist of all the TV features and specifications you would like to have, and armed with this checklist of TV features and specifications of the new TV you want, start your search for a TV that matches what you want.
Timeline of Television sets, a short history of the evolution of TV sets
- Below is a list of the most important dates in the history of TV sets
- 1900: The word "Television" first used. It was coined by Mr. Constantin Perskyi at the First International Electricity Congress in Paris.
- 1929: The Baird Television Development Company begins experimental broadcasting in association with the BBC in England.
- 1930: First ever TV show seen on July 14, 1930 at the British Prime Minister Ramsay MacDonald's official residence at 10 Downing Street, London. The Baird Television Development Company was responsible for this transmission.
- 1932: The British Broadcasting Corp. BBC starts a regular public television broadcasting service in the UK.
- 1936: The first Olympic Games to be broadcast on TV: 1936 Summer Olympics held in Berlin, Germany. Hitler was the Chancellor of Germany and Jesse Owens won gold in the 100 meters and long jump events.
- 1954: The first national color TV broadcast of the world in USA on January 1, 1954
- 1988: First commercially available Flat Screen TV, a 14 inch color LCD television from Sharp Corporation of Japan
Best online prices for Home Electronics at Amazon.com USA website